Whether you are looking to track calories, sleep, heartbeat, distance and more, an activity monitors watch can be a useful piece of equipment.
Fortunately, it also doesn’t have to be expensive. In this guide, you’ll find the top 6 affordable activity monitoring watches, currently competing for the number 1 position. Among the best brands out there, you will still find Fitbit, Garmin, and Samsung – at the top of their game.
This lovely watch has more than just fashion to offer. Combined with an all-in-one feature, it offers large scale fitness tracking, heart rate, and pulse monitoring as well as a basic smartwatch function and design.
This wearable smart device incorporates a design similar to the Apple watch and Fitbit Surge.
This means that you get all the important features of a fitness tracker, but with the elegant design of a professional smart watch. This product features a 1.2-inch, 240 x 180-pixel detachable color screen with a rubber textured strap (also detachable) and metal frame.
- Tracks: Performance, progress, heart rate, steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes
- Other features: GPS, workouts, calls, text messages and more
- Simple multi-purpose design
- Uses multi-sport tracking to tracks runs, pulse and heart-rate
- Some complaints about inaccurate step counting at times
Samsung offers a stainless steel, sleek black watch, with interchangeable bands and facets to match your style, a unique interface, and features a speed-Dual core 1GHz exynos 3250 processor.
you can send and receive texts, calendar notifications, news updates and more, listen to music (requires Bluetooth headphones), and use the watch with literally thousands of compatible apps. On top of that, the Gear S2’s screen is gorgeous.
High resolution, and beautiful color rendition. It has an ambient mode where the watch face is always active even when you’re not looking at it. It just shows the clock hands or the digital time until you bring your wrist up to look at it then it fills the screen with the complete watch face.
- Tracks: Distance, steps, sleep patterns, heart rate, calories, comes with pre-installed health and sports apps for more tracking and workout options
- Other features: Notifications, incoming calls, calendar reminders and more
- Premium quality watch, highly versatile, and compatible with thousands of apps
- Many options available for bands and facets – customize your watch to your heart’s content
- No speakers – then again, do you really need those on a smart watch?[/box][/one_half_last]
The Garmin vivoactive comes with tracking options for a multitude of different sports, to make sure that heart rate, calories, steps, and more, can all be calculated accordingly, and accurately.
You can also create custom activities.
The watch also features an internal GPS, and can be synced to your phone through Bluetooth, to receive alerts from incoming calls, texts, emails. You can change the face of the watch to whichever design suits you best, and the battery supports 8 full days without charging.
- Tracks: Heart rate, calories, distance, route, steps
- Other features: Internal GPS, Bluetooth syncing for all notifications, changeable watch face, waterproof
- Fantastic battery life
- Highly durable
- Some reported bugs with the golf related app
The Garmin vivosmart is a swim friendly, sleek activity tracker, available in 3 different colors, and compatible with a wide array of smartphones to deliver a full suit of notifications.
It has an integrated GPS, ready for tracking your daily runs, swims, walks and more. Whatever physical activity you are doing, no need to register and set everything in your phone – the watch will automatically pick these up for you. You will need to calibrate how big your steps are to have an accurate walking distance registration.
A fun feature is that the watch is that it buzzes you every hour that you haven’t been actively moving, motivating you to get on your feet and move a little more!
- Tracks: Steps, pace, distance, calories, floors climbed, activity intensity and heart rate
- Other features: Smart notifications, which includes email, call, text, social media alerts and more
- Sleek, waterproof design (up to 50 m)
- Great software and elevated Bluetooth range
- Bands are not changeable
This smart wireless wristband features an elegant wearable design. The Fitbit Flex wristband is an activity wristband that monitors and keeps track of your physical fitness and activities. Its wireless feature allows syncing with other devices like computers and smartphones. Its auto-sleep function enables the device to monitor your sleep to automatically set a silent alarm. Also with an affordable price tag, it makes it easy for sports lovers to acquire theirs.
- Tracks: Steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes, stationary time, sleep and more
- Other features: LEDs lights up as your progress towards daily goals, wireless syncing
- Long lasting battery
- A comfortable elastomer Rubber material
- Water resistant
- Step counter can be slightly inaccurate
This activity smartwatch is built towards and for fitness tracking.
It’s able to count the number of steps walked in a day, record activities like calories burned, heart rate, walking distance, and any other daily activities. Also built with a multi-function system, it has reminders, calorie counter, sleep monitor, sports monitor. Compared to a lot of sports trackers out there, this one is surprisingly accurate, and will keep you motivated throughout all of your endeavor’s.
- Tracks: Heart rate monitor, step counter, stopwatch, reminder, calories counter, sleep monitor, supports multiple sports modes: walk, run, hiking, cycling
- Other features: Multiple band color selections with adjustable anti-lost straps
- Elegant, glossy black design
- Insane battery life
- Complete, and accurate sports tracker
- None to note