If you are looking to build a defined and strong core, but don’t know which exercises to do or prefer being guided through a workout, apps can be very a effective tool.
In this guide, you can choose the best abs workout app for you, and start working towards your goals today. The following apps have been chosen for their features, popularity, and overall efficiency. They stood out of the lot when compared against literally hundreds of other abs with the same intended purpose.
Most are customizable in terms of goals, exercises, and routines, but also come with other handy features such as calories counters, progress trackers, and more.
Abs Workout App - Top 6
1. Abs Workout - Simple Design Ltd.
A 30 day workout program. The app seems to have a heavy female user base, but don’t let this discourage you from using this app if you’re a guy. The workouts will hit your abs in the same way, and provide very similar results, regardless of your sex.
- Different workouts every day
- Gradually increases exercise intensity
- Track weight loss progress in graphs
- Track burned calories
- Coach tips in every exercise help you get better results
- No equipment needed, workout with your body weight
- Animations and video guides
- Suitable for everyone, both beginners and pros
Free with in-app purchases
2. Six Pack in 30 days - Simple Design Ltd.
You can select you training plan according to your goals (lose fat, tone your stomach, build defined abs), and the app will lay out an exercise regimen for you. You can then just follow the on screen movement animations to perform the exercise properly all whilst your progress is registered automatically everyday.
- 30-day workout routines for six pack abs and a stronger body
- Training for weight management and muscle building
- Exercise intensity increases step by step
- Customize your workout reminders
- Records training progress automatically
- Suitable for everyone, beginners, pro, men, women, teens and seniors
3. 7 Minute Home Workout Fitness - Wonder Tech Dev
A rather popular app right now that coaches you through the right exercises, and also instructs you on how to eat healthily and when to drink a glass of water. The sessions are 7 minutes long, and should be done once a day, everyday. Find the most popular HIIT & Tabata wods, and start sweating with no required material.
- Customized workout schedules
- Professional training instructor
- Set your goals clearly and properly
- Helpful reminder to get you ready
- Calorie scanner to help with your diet keeping
- Abs, butt, legs and arms, choose your focus parts
4. Abs Workout 7 Minutes – Simple Design Ltd.
Another 7 minute workout style app that relies on overall intensity rather than frequency. The sessions will be short, but they will be much more vigorous. There are 14 exercises included in the workout, and they are all demonstrated with video tutorials.
- Supports Google Fit
- Voice guide you when you need to start 7 minute workout or rest
- Adjust the circuit time according to your situation
- Adjust the rest time
- Keep the screen on when you workout
- Beautiful character and UI design
- Workout log shows your complete workout time
- Ability to pause the workout, and skip to previous or next exercise
- Notification for daily abs workout for women or men
Free with in-app purchases
5. Runtastic Six Pack Abs Workout
Runtastic is all about health & fitness apps, and have created lots of helpful apps for fitness dedicated people who like to track their efforts. In this one, lifelike avatars, Daniel & Angie, guide you through abs workouts for men & for women. 50+ HD tutorial ab exercise videos help you maximize your core strength and overall fitness.
- Male & female avatars take you through a variety of six-pack exercises step-by-step to make the most out of your abs training. There are specific abs workout for men & abs workout for women
- 50+ HD instructional ab workout videos (bicycle crunches, planks, sit ups and more)
- Three levels of a scientifically developed training plan for your core & abs workout
- Chromecast: Say goodbye to small screens & conveniently watch all ab exercises on your PC or TV screen via Chromecast.
- 10-week Training Plan full of amazing & effective ab workouts with your personal ab trainer
- Pre-defined workouts, including: The 7-Minute Workout, Insanity, Shape Up, Six Pack Junkie and more! Perfect way to pump up your abs training.
- My Workouts: Create your very own customized abs workouts. Set those abdominals on fire!
- Filter abs exercises by level and specific abdominal muscles
- 50+ unique “Tip of the Day” messages to keep you focused & on track
- Ab trainer app works with smartphones & tablets
- Absolutely no gym equipment required for your ab training– use this 6 pack abs exercise app anytime, and anywhere
- Improve overall fitness, muscle definition and weight management
- Track training sessions & overall progress using detailed graphs
- Share your fitness accomplishments, photos & tips on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter
- Integrate your Runtastic 6 pack abs exercise sessions with your MyFitnessPal account
- Upload all activities to Runtastic.com
- ABS AND CORE EXERCISES INCLUDE:* Classic sit ups
* Cross-body crunches
* Oblique crunches
* Mountain climbers
* Hip drops
* Leg raises
* Core twist
* Side bridge
* Plus, many more core and ab exercises to strengthen and define your abdominal muscles.
Free with in-app purchases, some app features are only available in Full Version
6. Daily Ab Workout - Daily Workout Apps, LLC
Daily Ab Workout FREE is a great 5 to 10 minute daily ab routine for men and women that steps you through some of the best ab-sculpting exercises you can do in the comfort of your own home. These proven exercises, demonstrated by a certified personal trainer, target all major abdominal muscles.
The routine’s simple interface, complete with video and timer, allows you to easily follow along and understand each exercise.
If you like Daily Ab Workout FREE, check out the full version which features:
• More workouts
• Random & custom workouts
• Landscape mode
- Two different 5 to 10 minute ab-sculpting workouts
- Great for both men and women
- Video showing how to do each exercise
- Developed by a certified personal trainer
- On-screen instructions and timer
- No internet required to do the workouts
- Integrates with Health app (calories burned data will push to Health app at end of workout if calorie calculation app setting is turned on)
Why use apps to workout
For those who are new to fitness, or those who need more guidance in their training regimen, apps can be of considerable help. Of course, the apps won’t do the work for you. And in no way are they a solution or shortcut to the goals you have in mind. There is evidence however, that whatever your goals may be (building endurance, strength, muscle…), apps can be a great guide to your workouts.
So although they are no substitute for hard work, they are a tool to be used to learn, log, and track your results. Almost like a pocket coach.